Wednesday, December 31, 2008




Hi again...since it is New Year's Eve, I will show you two pieces I have been working on....have not stitched at all for over two weeks...haven't been in the mood. Now with the Holidays coming to a close, it is time to get back to it...


The round ornament is by dede...I started the green part three times....at first I tried some Kreinik braid and that didn't look right. Then I tried something like Snow...that didn't look right. I finally settled on plain old DMC floss..doing the Nabuko stitch. For the white side I am using one strand of DMC white floss ,doubled, with one strand of DMC Fil metallise, doubled, to give it some shine. This is also in Nabuko. Then I will basketweave the circles in the corresponding metallic before stitching on the sequins.




For the poinsettia, each petal is in a different stitch. My green leaves on the outskirts don't look too swift...I still have to put in some gold metallic lines in the background and then make it into a pillow. Hopefully I will have this done by Christmas of 2009!!!

2 comments:

Love to Stitch 99 said...

They are both lovely designs. Looking forward to seeing you continue stitching on them.

Pierrette =^..^=

Unknown said...

Hi Barbara, Your stitching is wonderful. A follower of your blog just sent me your information, suggesting I contact you. Your round half Christmas tree ornament is one of my designs #B50 Half Christmas tree.

I hope you will come and join the JODY DESIGNS Needlepoint group on Facebook and post your photo of it.
Stitchers in the group would be so pleased to see it.You may e-mail me : JODYDESIGN@aol.com

I have enjoyed your blog.
Warmly,
Jody